Code of Conduct
for Ashley Recreation Ground
The Ashley Recreation Ground is a wonderful facility for residents of our village. We want everyone to enjoy this area of green space for walks, sports and picnics and to enjoy the fantastic view of the Welland Valley. However, we need everyone to be respectful of the area and particularly of the neighbours living around the Recreation Ground.
With this is mind we set out below a Code of Conduct for the use of the Recreation Ground. It is the spirit of the Code that matters, as opposed to the letter, and we ask everybody to work together to make sure that the Recreation Ground is used in an appropriate way at all times and in daylight hours only.
Please share this with all members of your family so that children who use the Recreation Ground are fully aware.
CODE OF CONDUCT:
- Please keep dogs on a lead at the bottom half of the field and please keep dogs under control at all times.
- Please pick up ALL dog mess and use the dog litter bins provided.
- Please use the litter bin in the field by the gate.
- No music. Please keep noise levels to a minimum and respect those neighbouring the recreation ground
- No BBQs, fires or camping without specific prior agreement from the Parish Council
- Please keep sports / football to the hard core area or on the grass football field but away from the boundaries to minimise balls going into neighbouring gardens.
- Please do not park on the track to the Recreation Ground, this is a private road. Please try and walk to the Recreation Ground to keep parking on Main Street to a minimum.
- Any groups eg. Scouts, WI wanting to use the Recreation Ground need to pre-book with the Parish Clerk, Justina Medwell, giving as much notice as possible.
- Please keep noise levels to a minimum and respect those neighbouring the recreation ground. Please do not disturb the animals/ sheep in the neighbouring fields.
- There is no usage curfew currently, however the Parish Council reserve the right to introduce one if it is felt access is being abused or these guidelines ignored.
Be aware that there will be some tractor traffic coming up the track to the Recreation Ground and crossing the Recreation Ground for access to the field beyond – keep children and dogs safe.
Please stay in the Recreation Ground and Playground only and do not enter the fields and/or gardens that surround these areas. This would be trespass and will cause problems with landowners and residents. The right of way from the top of the Recreation Ground to the river has not yet been granted so you can’t walk down to the river at the moment. We will let you know when this changes and change this Code appropriately. In the meantime, please do not disturb the animals/ sheep in the neighbouring fields.
Ashley Parish Council